Many individuals suffer with chronic pain from conditions that require either invasive and risky surgeries or a continued stream of medication in order to achieve a pain-free and comfortable life.
Chronic pain can stem from a myriad of conditions, including:
- Sports injuries
- Personal injuries
- Car accidents
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Hip pain
- Knee pain
- TMJ (jaw pain)
- Carpal tunnel
- Osteoarthritis and other joint pain
Fortunately, we live in a time brimming with technological and scientific growth, and at the forefront are several treatment options available now for these types of conditions.
Our Non-Surgical, Drug Free Treatment Options for Chronic Pain Management
Our treatments for chronic pain have the capacity to harness and enhance the body’s own healing and regenerative powers naturally and with minimal invasiveness.
They are also highly effective while paired with other forms of therapy to achieve the greatest healing potential. That’s why at our facility, we offer multiple treatment options to get your body back on track.
Chronic pain management treatments we offer at our clinic include:
- PRP Injections: In platelet-rich plasma therapy, one of our doctors will draw a small amount of your blood. Then, they will use a centrifuge to isolate its platelets, resulting in a nearly colorless substance that is injected into the site intended for treatment. This substance is rich in growth factors and proteins that significantly improve healing and function in ailing sites.
- Physical Rehabilitation: Physical rehabilitation keeps the body moving and flexible, which is crucial in recovering from injuries. If an individual is suffering from stiffness and loss of strength, it may manifest in tension and pain. Through physical rehabilitation maneuvers that focus on strengthening exercises and stretching, patients may find lasting pain relief.
- Chiropractic Care: Gentle but effective chiropractic adjustments may be the answer if misaligned vertebrae are the source of the patient’s discomfort. The goal with manual adjustments or manipulations is to improve mobility within the spine and restore it to its proper alignment.
Doing so increases circulation and oxygen flow to the site and relieves pressure, thereby reducing pain and inflammation.
- Deep Heat Therapy: Deep heat therapy uses vibrating acoustic waves to penetrate the skin at a molecular level and treat damaged tissue. The ultrasound waves create warmth that improves stiffness and inflammation, which in turn works to stimulate healing and assuage the pain.
- GenVisc: This natural, non-surgical option is ideally suited for chronic knee pain sufferers and those considering knee surgery. This 3-step alternative involves bracing the knee, an intra-articular injection (administered directly into the joint), and natural growth factor injections.
- Spinal Decompression: Spinal decompression works by gently stretching out the spine, which relieves pressure within the vertebrae and surrounding nerves. Elongating your spine additionally encourages the movement of essential fluids and oxygen, which further encourages healing within the body.
If you or a loved one are suffering from chronic pain in St Petersburg or any nearby area, call us today at (727) 866-4420 to schedule a free consultation.