Drug-Free Knee Pain Relief at St. Petersburg Chiropractic Injury & Rehab in St. Petersburg, FL
Few symptoms ring the alarm bells quite as loudly and insistently as knee pain, whether you've been limping around with a "bum knee" for months or you've sustained an acute injury. But don't automatically assume that your knee requires reconstructive surgery or constant numbing with drugs -- because here at St. Petersburg Chiropractic Injury & Rehab in St. Petersburg, FL, we can treat knee pain through natural treatment methods.
Knee Pain's Possible Causes
There's no denying that catastrophic damage such as a fracture or ruptured ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) can cause agonizing pain and total loss of function. These particular problems may call for surgical intervention; however, there are other less destructive causes of knee pain. Examples include:
- Dislocated knee - A sharp impact related to an automotive, sports, or workplace incident can sometimes knock the knee joint out of position.
- Runner's knee - Patellofemoral pain syndrome has been dubbed "runner's knee" because it's frequently associated with regular running and jumping; an unbalanced body may be more prone to this issue.
- Frozen knee - If your knee is in a cast or otherwise remains motionless for a long time, the joint capsule may become extremely stiff and painful.
- Knee bursitis - The knee contains several fluid-filled anti-friction sacs known as bursae. When a bursa is injured or irritated, it can become swollen and painful.
- Strains and sprains - The muscles and tendons of the knee can become strained through chronic overuse or acute hyperextension. When a ligament in the knee suffers similar damage, the condition is called a sprain.
- Tendinitis - Repeated micro-tears in the knee tendons can create a state of ongoing inflammation called tendinitis.
Our St. Petersburg Chiropractor Can Help You Feel Better
Our St. Petersburg chiropractor, Dr. Staubs, can bring a detailed understanding of knee anatomy and biomechanics to bear on your knee pain. With any luck, X-rays and other diagnostic techniques will reveal that you have a problem that readily responds to chiropractic care and other natural healing modalities. Chiropractic adjustments to the knee joint can resolve dislocation issues, while adjustment to your spinal column can correct imbalances that place extra stress on your knees. We can also provide massage therapy to treat injured knee tissues, therapeutic exercises to restore strength and function, and lifestyle strategies to help you keep your knees in good shape going forward.
Schedule a Knee Consultation at St. Petersburg Chiropractic Injury & Rehab in St. Petersburg, FL Today!
Your knees work hard on your behalf, so make sure you give them what they need when they're in pain. Call our St. Petersburg clinic in St. Petersburg, FL at (727) 519-3757 to schedule treatment!